Due Diligence for Geothermal Energy Development | Mannvit
Mannvit offers technical due diligence reporting to geothermal project developers, financial institutions and investors. A due diligence report provides our clients with up-to-date assessment of costs, expert data review, risk assessment & mitigation measures and evaluation of alternatives in every discipline and phase of project development.
Developers and investors also rely on Mannvit for an independent review of all resource information and project design basis to minimize their risk. The detailed analysis of all data provides transparency and allows for a more informative investment decision.
We reduce our client’s risk
We understand the importance of mitigating strategic, operational, financial, hazardous, and socio-environmental risk before committing to a project. Our technical due diligence services can provide risk analysis for project assessment.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Due diligence of research methods and resource estimates, review of size and capacity of resources
- Project Development Studies, ranging from Fatal-Flaw analysis through budget appropriation studies to Front End Engineering and Design (FEED).
- Risk identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks. Our services also provide a path forward to proactive evaluation, reporting and monitoring risks; thus, minimizing, and controlling the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events.
- Cost Estimates, with clear Basis of Estimate reports, statistical analysis of schedule and cost risk as well as providing guidelines as to appropriate contingency levels (P50, P75, P90).
- Bottom-up project scheduling and milestones.
- Technical due diligence of third party capital spending projects, at various stages in the project life cycle.
- Collection and/or review of harmonized technical requirements, certificates, permits and licensing requirements.
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment, environmental management, permitting, and investigations.
In safe hands
We apply risk management strategies for project development, identifying insurance and other risk management tools for an improved risk profile. Based on the experience of our project management professionals who have in-depth knowledge of the hydroelectric and geothermal market we are able to perform the technical due diligence, avoid industry pitfalls, boost investor confidence and help your project development team reach its’ goals.
Mannvit’s geothermal projects involve harnessing high- and low- temperature fields, and designing flash steam (combined heat & power) and binary power plants as well as district heating systems. Mannvit has been involved in all major geothermal developments in Iceland for the past 50 years, from start to finish.Furthermore, the Company has extensive international experience.
Mannvit is a leading consultancy firm in hydroelectric power and has designed complete hydropower plants and power transmission systems in Iceland and internationally. Mannvit has completed a number of small and large hydro plants of up to 700MW. The company has been involved in all major hydropower projects in Iceland since the 1970s. International experience includes projects in Norway, Greenland and Chile.
Power Transmission & Distribution
Mannvit has played a major role in the complete preparation, analysis, design, construction management and inspection of energy structures, high voltage transmission lines and distribution systems throughout Iceland since 1970. International projects include construction and maintenance consulting for power transmission lines in Greenland, Algeria, Peru and Suriname.
Environmental specialists at Mannvit have years of experience in the environmental impact assessment and mitigation of projects activities relating to power intensive industries, geothermal and hydropower plants, and overhead transmission lines. The company’s environmental specialists also provide consultation, and supervision of environmental monitoring and investigations related to industrial operations, and projects requiring impact assessment, environmental operation permits and green audits.
Technical due diligence on capital spending projects, at various stages in the project life cycle, reduces our client’s risk and allows for a more informative investment decision.